Sunday, April 7, 2013

Smashbox The Master Class Palette Review + photos/swatches!


I love palettes, I'm not going to lie. If you have seen my latest haul, you know what I'm talking about.
The convenience of having coordinated colors together instead of having to buy the shades, one by one, open each individual eyeshadow, one by one, to get the look you want, all in order to create the look your going for, especially if your in a hurry, is a pain.
There's something about having everything you need in this palette.
It offers a variety of neutral colors, brighter colors, includes blushes, highlighters, eyeliner/creme eyeshadow bases and of course, lipglossees! 


 Sephora description:
From cases full of eye shadows, to bags brimming with glosses, the amount of products the Smashbox artists bring on set can be overwhelming. Get all your photo-ready essentials in one place with The Master Class Palette by Smashbox, a palette jam-packed with 28 Photo Op Eyeshadows, four brow tech powders, eight cream eyeliners, two blushes, three soft lights, and four lip glosses. Featuring Smashbox’s core eye shadow formula for the ultimate in blendability and pigmentation, plus many of our other studio-tested products, this palette contains everything you need to dust, blend, and swipe your way to a multitude of looks.


Sephora: $59 ($250 value)
This was is still available on Sephora as of April 6th, 2013
(There is a second edition of this MasterClass Palette, available on Sephora.com as of March 11, 2014)

When I first saw this, I knew I had to have it. 
I had only tried the Smashbox lipgloss set I got for Christmas (that was after I bought this in September), so I had never expierenced the eyeshadows, eye creams, blushes, etc that Smashbox has to offer. I had heard quite a buzz on their primers and foundations since starting blogging, so I figured, why not try it out?

This palette can create both mattes, shimmer and metallic looks. No overly glittery eyeshadows here. Shimmer? Yes.  Glitter? no. I was a bit disappointed since I was expecting this to be similar to Urban Decay eyeshadows judging by the micro glitter particles in it, but nope. Not that type of fun here.

If you are a matte lover, you need should consider this palette. 
So many looks can be made out of this palette. This would also be a very good bridal palette since it has nice peaches, highlights, warm grays, browns in it. 
I love how alot of the eyeshadows are warmer toned.


These are the shades starting from the palest column on the left working our way up, left to right: Vanilla, Frost, Butter, Parfait, (Column 2) Ambiant, Frambois, Peacock, Cabernet, (Column 3) Serpent, Aubergine, Azure, Ash, (Column 4) Opal, Linen, Flirt, Nectar, (Column 5) Granite, Golden Orchid, Dusk, Cinnamon Toast, (Colum 6)Blackout, Chestnut, Haze, Roast.

I absolutely am amazed by the pigmentation on Azure. I thought it would be patchy, mid pigmentation at best, but I was so wrong. It is a stunner.





 The right last column are the Brow tech powders: Bliss, Bare, Sable, Sumatra






These are the Cream Liners starting with the top row (left to right): Ivy, Guilt, Picasso, Lava, Midnight Purple, Image, Midnight Brown, Caviar.

These liners are so pigmented and creamy. I haven't really tested the staying power on there because I am usually in a hurry when I am doing my make-up so I usually just grab a eyeliner pencil and be done. I can say I really like how the Midnight purple makes my eyes stand out.




(L-R)
3 Soft Lights: Lens, Prism, Shimmer
4 Lip glosses: Buff, Bitten, Guava, Mulberry

 I used the Mulberry ligloss consistently in the fall and my go-to as of lately is the Bitten gloss. Its such a beautiful rosey nude that really is so versatile for any look Im trying to achieve. It actually reminds me slightly of my NARS Chelsea girls lip lacquer. Its the same type of thickness and opaqueness.



The packaging is nice, but definitely not high end. It has foam casing in the inside surrounding the eyeshadow wells and a hard cardboard covering for the outside. I do like the magnetic closure because it makes it easy to open and shut.

As you can see, there is a plastic protective sheet covering each side so that no powdery residue gets on either side after using. I almost wish the glosses had a individual plastic covering, just in case any blush or highlighting shades were to break or shatter.

The plastic sheets were a nuisance, but I doubt I will think that, should any of these wells break, resulting in product everywhere.







What I used for this look:
Sable used for the transition color
 Peacock for all over lid color
Azure for outer V and inner V
A light tap of Blackout to deepen the outer V and inner lid.

I then lined my eyes with a combo of cream liners in Picasso & Caviar.

For the lower lid, I did the same technique. Dark, light, dark.







Urban Decay buck eyeshadow (lid/crease), Smashbox eyeshadow in haze (crease), Smashbox cream eyeliner in Gilt (inner lid), Urban Decay Gunmetal eyeshadow (lower lid)

Overall, This palette was a great buy and I predict it will last me awhile.

Everything in this palette was a favorite of mine. The eyeshadows performed very well, with no creasing (using UDPP). The blushes were phenomenal. They are so pigmented yet blended out great. The liners I was very concerned that they would dry out, but even after the packaging being open for the last 6 months, they are still creamy and intact. I have to say, the most favorite of these all was the lipglosses. I will be posting a tutorial on my YouTube page soon, so make sure you are subscribed, if you aren't already.

Speaking of subscriptions, I recently learned that Google reader will be no more, so I am guessing that Google Friend Connect will be going as well. If you haven't already, follow the links below so that we won't lose touch. I am really sad about this news, as I really do love reading all the different blogs I follow when I log in each morning.

YouTube: Click here
Facebook: Click here
Twitter: Click here
 Bloglovin: Click here
 Hellocotton: Click here


I wanted to leave you with these stunning Azalea blooms. Aren't they beautiful? My hubby bought them for me, just because, which was very sweet :)

Have you entered my Giveaway yet? You can win a $50 gift certificate to FragranceNet.com, enter HERE!

What are your thoughts on the end of the Google reader situation? What do you use currently?
Comment below!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! Not wet and no primer was used which is awesome. I am really impressed. Sephora actually just came out with another Smashbox masterclass palette II. You should swatch them if you get the chance. :)

      Delete
  2. Every single swatch looks so pretty! And you are absolutely gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Thank you Emily. You are seriously too kind. This palette to me, was a great deal, even being that a have a multitude of eyeshadow palettes. :D

      Delete
  3. Totally buying this palette this weekend. YES!! Thanks for the review ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you love it! I always remind myself to use this palette, since it gets lost in my sea of palettes. :)

      Delete
  4. Hello there Tamara! You are such a pretty gal! I love your full review on the first Master Class Palette! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and deets on this magnificent palette! I wish I had picked this one up when it was still out. However, I purchased the second MC palette two weeks ago and am going to post up my review on it tomorrow (still editing as we speak lol). I hope you can come by and check out my blog =) xoxo Liz

    myprettyobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! Thank you so much for reading! I love sharing my thoughts and since I had not seen too many reviews on this palette, I figured, it would help someone if they were indecisive over buying it or not. I was tempted to buy the Second MC palette but since I have this one, I need some restraint. :) Thank you again for stopping by and I will for sure check out your blog. :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I read each & every comment, and reply back when needed. So go ahead & share it below!!♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...