Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Benefit Sun beam Review + makeup storage peak + update on life!



If a product "claims" to have a a glowing effect for me, I am all ears. I like that I can apply a product without having to actually "glow".
It takes the work out of it for me. Hahaha.
I was a self proclaimed NARS Albatross addict for a while being. It was actually my first "high end" buy for me. I even hit pan on my first compact and had to buy a second one (thats rare for me).

I was looking for a "glow in a bottle" that I could use when mixing into my foundation. I love my NARS  but something about the powder accentuating my wrinkles and dry spots, didn't do something for me. Now if they made a cream Albatross?...I'd be all ears...however, that's another venture...
 I felt that I needed to search for a cream based highlighter that would be naturally moisturizing and not dry me out even more.
What did I find?....
: Benefit Sun Beam.
A golden bronze complexion highlighter.


Benefit's Claims:
This golden bronze highlighter gives you a natural, sunkissed radiance. Dot & blend over makeup on to cheek & brow bones for a bronzed glow that complements all skintones. It’s liquid sunshine in a bottle!

Price: $26

Liquid sunshine in a bottle? Who wouldn't want that? Now if they could capture the essence of stars, that would be nice...:)

To be honest, I was so surprised at its size in real life. After only seeing google pictures when I was researching it, seeing it in person, made me happy to spend 26 dollars! Its bigger than I thought. The product packaging might turn you off a bit if you don't want a container looking like a nail polish bottle going on your face, however, I could care less about the packaging.


Application:
I use this now only by blending with my foundation. I tap some onto the back of my hand and add a fair amount of foundation. I take my Flat top e.l.f studio brush and blend together in circles. I add as needed and wash off the rest.






I felt it did the job at making me "glow" when mixed with my foundation. It blended out well but when I had all my make-up done and put it on the top of my cheeks? Bad idea..
It looks like I put a shimmer stick in one area and forgot to buff out.


Left to right: Benefit sun beam, e.l.f shimmering facial whip in lilac, Physicians Formula mineral pearl, NARS Albatross.


Because I am NC30/35 right now I feel this just adds shimmer to my skin, and no color.  If you have lighter skin, this won't even show up on you unless you are very fair skinned. I feel when I apply it, the color completely disappears and all I'm left with is shimmer on my cheeks.
Not cute.

Would I recommend for mixing with foundation? YES.
Would I recommend for the tops of cheeks after make-up is done? NO.

As compared to cooler skin tones a.k.a not me. You can still use this product, I just feel that Benefit High beam would be a better fit for you cooler gals/guys.


My thoughts:

Pros:
- alittle goes a long way
- highlighter aimed for WOC (women of color)
- mixed with foundation, it gives a nice glow


Cons:
- not sanitary, have to keep dipping the brush in the tube
- expensive
- packaging is not very travel friendly (bulky)
- product sits on top of skin


You can find it at Sephora, Ulta, or online at Benefitcosmetics.com
 
Will I be repurchasing? No. I feel I have enough to last for the the times I will rarely reach for it. I am dying to try Stila Kitten highlighter so for those of you that own it, please comment on what your thought are on it! Thanks.

Here are some photos of what we're been up to..

I broke my San disk reader a couple of days ago and have yet to purchase another one so videos and posts are at a stand still. Ughh!





In the below pictures, I am wearing Benefit Sun Beam mixed with my foundation. I felt that with a highlighter already mixed in, I would go light on the eye and face make-up to really get that natural looking radiance.




Yumm!


This is half of my make-up storage
Who'd like to see my make-up storage???! 
I will be making a updated post and Video soon!
Comment below

13 comments:

  1. I love how you have everything so organized

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you betzy. I am such a neat freak when I want to be

      Delete
  2. Nice pics of your family, I see your wet and wilds hehe :D on your stash.
    Indeed it looks expensive I have some color 2 so U wont see it if doesn't work for the cheeks indeed I don't need it. But mix it with foundation will exaggerate any flaws on Ur skin like pores or wrinkles or any kind of scar or am I mistaken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wetnwild. I feel like they make the best eyeshadows but are way to soft because mine break so easily!
      When I mixed it with my foundation, I did enough to add luminance but not be a disco ball. I feel if you put a hefty amount, yes it would enhance flaws because there's more product. I don't put as much and I'm left with a nice glow.

      Delete
  3. Good info to know. I'm currently looking for a bronzing agent. I think blending with foundation is a good idea.

    By the way, your little girl is so cute!

    Mom Fitness Journal | Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pics! Such a cute family :) and love the makeup area! Can't wait to see more of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Thanks Miranda.
      I've been working on a post for a while with my make-up storage, so I can't wait to share.

      Delete
  5. I can't wait for your make up storage post :) I love peeking at how others store and organize their make up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have High beam...I need Sun beam :) you have a very cute family
    Merrybellyland777.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Merrybelly! I was contemplating high beam, but its not the right color for my skin tone. I tried it and it looked slight ashy..Oh well. At least I have sun beam!

      Delete
  7. As a highlighter/shimmer addict this sounds like something I would love to try out! Thx for sharing:)
    Lovely photos, looks like u had a good time ^^

    Oh yea I would love makeup storage post!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I will be doing it soon. I feel like I need to get rid of some of it though because it collects dust even though I can't bare the thought!..:)

      Delete
  8. Omg your makeup storage is beautiful! How much did the drawers cost you?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I read each & every comment, and reply back when needed. So go ahead & share it below!!♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...