Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Rose w/ swatches + my camera's broken!!!


First off, I have said it, and I will say it again. Physicians Formula has yet to disappoint. I would like to own alot more products, but time will only tell...:)


Description from Physiciansformula.com
Ultra-soft and blend-able blushing powder features a fresh and vibrant mix of blushing tones infused with a pop of color to create a healthy glow.
Multi-reflective pearls provide a soft iridescence to highlight contour and add radiance to cheeks.
Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.
 retails around : $13 = 0.24 oz

On the box, it states that this is a "mood boosting blush", meaning it is infused with natural plant extracts that mimic the effect of endorphins, and that's what they mean when they say it creates a happy feeling when worn on the skin: it is scientific!



The Positives:
What I really like about this particular blush is that the hearts are actually popping up, meaning 3D baby!
 Like they could've been "lazy" and just over sprayed it with different pink colors & been done with it, but they actually made them different colors and 3D so that it could be more appealing and attractive. After using this a couple of times already, the colors didn't even look like they had been touched or in my case, used. I don't even think, after using this 50 times it will look like I use it. The formula is pretty impressive.
The fact that they included different color hearts (baby pink, bubblegum pink, soft plum) is a bonus because it gives a multi-dimension look without having the flat look of just ONE color.
I also like the look it gives me. A soft rosy glow, without shimmer-bomb-ness.


Application:
I apply my regular make-up and swirl this around and apply. It's that simple. I find that sometimes I need a little more because when I swipe it on my cheeks, It fades out fast. For those of you that like blush to barely barely be seen, then one swirl will be enough, but for me, I like a bold flush of color. If you like the violet smell, then you will love applying this blush. This is the only blush I own that has such a strong scent when applying, but it quickly fades when applied. I like it. I like it ALOT! However, you ladies with sensitive skin might want to be careful with this because of the added perfumes.



Left to Right: (All swatches are Physician Formula brand) Shimmer pearls, Happy booster, and pH adjusting blush in rose.



The Negatives:
-The brush is cute, and in an emergency ( like the other day when I washed all my brushes & left them on the counter to dry, I needed a blush brush but all I had was my fingers, this would have come in handy) this will save you in the blush application process, but otherwise, it's crap. I think it's more for them to be able to say, "yeah, and we added a applicator brush". I also give all my brushes to my daughter to play with. She loves copying me. She's seriously so girly, its scary. Her wrists are so dainty when walking, held slightly poised.

-The main negative I saw, was that the mirror is underneath the blush so every time you go to apply it you have to lift the pan back up to look in the mirror, and if your like me, I mentioned I apply 2 coats, so this is a malfunction in the product designers department.

-Bulky is not cute. This is such a bulky package that I don't like putting it in my make-up case because it takes up unnecessary room. I'd rather have my thinner, sleeker (is that a word?) NARS blushes, than this bulky clunky blush compact.

-Physicians Formula tends to be a higher priced drugstore brand, that might make you want to skip this and save up for a higher end blush. If all these negatives don't phase you, go grab this blush. I stated the negatives, but I still love this blush and would repurchase it for sure.
I have yet to capture a photo of me wearing this blush, but when I do, I will post a photo so that you can see how it's worn and actual color.



Update on posts:
My favorite bright lippie: wet and wild cherry picking






 I haven't been posting like I typically do, because my camera is shot. It is stuck in a unfocused state. I have been using the Casio Exilim since I first started blogging and finally all the times it was dropped and water that got on it, made it stop working, Im guessing. If any one has a suggestion to fix it, any would be appreciated. I don't have warranty on it anymore because it is 2 years old already. I might be getting another one soon, but that just depends. I would really like to get a good one, but who knows. I just got the HTC One S from T-mobile cell phone and it has pretty good photo quality, but I like using an actual shoot and capture camera. 











 Also I entered into the Mary Kay Makeover contest, where I have a chance to win money and money to donate to a charity of my choice. If you all could, please head over to https://www.mkmakeovercontest.com/vote/gallery.jsp.
Type in Tamara Betancourt
Please don't laugh, but there is a HIDEOUS "before" picture of me, with minimal make-up on. So viewer discretion is advised!!! You can vote up to 5 times daily, even on just one photo, so please take a second and vote for me! Voting ends June 15, 2012.
I am still testing out products and reviewing them although I don't have a camera, I just have them in my drafts. I have a few older posts that have pictures, so I will get those up for the time being. 
On another note. I am looking into buying a Shellac starter kit, from Amazon.com so anyone who is familiar with the CND polish line and has there own kit at home, any tips would be awesome. I got my first Sheallac manicure in CT and I have been hooked since! My nails are so strong and long and the manicure is still going strong, except on my index fingers because I peeled it off.


Ill leave you this photo of my angel, blending in with her zebra blankie...:)




Do you like the Physicians Formula brand or do you walk right on past it when you go shopping? 
Own any of their products that you love?
Comment below!

9 comments:

  1. definitely will be trying this blush! love that it's pink, shimmery, and mood boosting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet it will look great on you. Your olive skin would be complementing. :)

      Delete
  2. Pretty colors. I always like Physician's Formula. The packaging is exquisite.
    Seattle Beauty Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I can do without the packaging, but the look of the blush itself, is a knockout for sure!

      Delete
  3. Aww .. Hopefully you find a cam soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! For now I am using my husbands work camera which isn't the best, but hey. It'll do.

      Delete
  4. you look beautiful. i've had my eye on this blush for awhile and i'd love to get the canon elph 520, look into that one :) cute baby girl, too!
    and I hope you get your entries in for my Summer Fun Giveaway! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lexi. You should def give it a try. I will look into that camera though. I have my eye on the Nikon COOLPIX L810. It has a glass lens so that the product reviews will be clearer.

      Delete
  5. I like these blushes! :) Great review btw :)
    I'm a new follower! You're awesome, keep it up! :) Looking forward for ur new posts and hoping that you'll check and follow my blog too :)

    http://geekindapiink.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I read each & every comment, and reply back when needed. So go ahead & share it below!!♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...