Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Sunset blush + some BIG news!!



For the longest time, I have always walked PAST the Sonia Kashuk display, because frankly, I thought it was a line of marked up drugstore make-up. Finally though, I actually took a closer look and much to my surprise, I was surprised! The color and packaging was pretty and simple (how I like it) so let's see how the blush itself did..shall we???

Product description from site:
 This powder blush will give you a natural, luminous flush and a radiant appearance. Supreme wear and advanced comfort; this powder leaves a perfectly even and ultra-smooth finish. Infused with brown seaweed extract, known for preserving the skins elasticity and providing firmness.
  Price: $8.99
 

Ingredients:  Contains: Talc, Mica, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dimethicone, Zinc Stearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Carmine, Chromium Oxide Greens, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Blue 1 Lake





 <Look how thin mom!

The blush color is what got me interested as did the white sleek packaging. When I opened this beauty, I realized that the way it opens & closes, is magnetic! I love! No longer will I have to worry about "stuck" openers & having my finger nail "dig" into the product when it finally snaps open. I love love LOVE this about this blush.

On a side note, the plastic packaging feels sturdy but I doubt it wouldn't break if it was dropped. I bet the top would pop off and the blush would shatter..:(





When I first saw this, I was like hey, it almost looks duo-chrome like my favorite blush, Hot mama! When compared, they both have gold shimmer and peachy undertones, but nothing really else.



As you can see above, Hot mama is more pinky rose peach with gold shimmer, and sunset is more peachy/cantaloupe (<<perfect) with minimal gold shimmer.


Application:
Apply full base make-up with a light coat of face powder to make sure this blends out evenly. I dab my blush brush in & apply to the apples of my cheeks. I don't like applying bronzer or highlighter when applying such colorful blushes like these. The reason being, the color gets crossed and muted. I like being able to see the color that I applied, right on my cheeks and nothing else. I think this color would look amazing on darker sunkissed skin. I think this accents my skin tone very well. It is not blue toned (blue tones look beautfiul, but not so much on MY skin). On my lightly olive complexion, it warms me up and gives me a beautiful glow. Not glow as in yellow, but like the "sunset" is hitting my cheeks. I love it.
Usually when I get a new blusher, I always try and use it but end up reach for my go-to Hot mama blush. In this case though, I make sure my Hot-mama is in my make-up pouch just in case I want more of a pinky-glow & I reach for the sunset blush more and more, first.

Overall, Would I repurchase this blush, should it ever diminish or get lost? Yes & no. I would because the color is gorgeous and I love a nice coral peach. The question is COULD I repurchase it? She discontinues her products fairly often so even if I do end up using the whole blush, I don't know if I would be able to find it other than on ebay. That was one of the main gripes on Makeupally.com. Also the the pigmentation is not perfection. It is soft but not as soft as Hot mama, and is less pigmented than some of my NYX blushes (as in Red, Desert rose, etc.) Should you decide to try this blush if you are looking for a cantaloupe color blush, you will not be disappointed. It is a great buy and available at Target.com.
 Because of this blush, I am looking forward to next time I am at Target, to try out the lip products and nail polishes from Sonia Kashuk. The Vampy Varnish   has tons of her products for review. Just click on her name to be redirected.

I have some exciting news, (for me anyway).. I am going to the BIG APPLE/ CT for a wedding in a couple of weeks! It will be my first time ever! I am so excited because I seriously had dreams about NYC when I was in High school and I wanted to be a Fashion Designer, that I went to college at the F.I.T. If any of you watch Man vs. Food, you know he does tons of great food challenges in NYC. I'd love to visit one of the places that has the food challenges and have my husband be put to the test. LOL! He always claims to be able to do it better then Adam so to be able to do one would be cool. We have some challenges here in San Diego like Phils BBQ but the line is always extra long & I hate waiting in line that are hours long, just to eat!

 

I am shopping every weekend because I can't walk NYC looking unstylish, of course. <<To the left is the dress I'm going to be wearing to the wedding. Its be AXParis and they have some super cute and affordable dresses. My sister and I were just oggling the dresses after I placed my order. They have something for every one. I was scared I was gonna spend more than $200 on a dress but I found this one, and with shipping and tax came to be a little under $70. I just got it in the mail but it fits pretty big (size 10) so I am sending it back. I ordered a size 8, so hopefully it won't be too big. I really think I should got the size 6, but I have my fingers crossed. The beadwork on this piece is so delicate and the chiffon is so gorgeous. In person it looks like a 300 dollar dress. I still need to find jewelery & heels to match even though I have tons in my closet..;) The link to Amazon.com is HERE, which is where I bought it & their actual website is HERE. I encourage you to just browse about, you might find something you like! All you heel lovers out there, If you are looking for the hottest heels, go to the website! The only thing is, the sizes are not US sizes, so I have no idea how to order, or I would've ordered some already. There's a code for I believe 20% off and free shipping which is PENNSTATE.
  
(Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Ax Paris & I bought the dress with my own money)

 If any of you know of any good food places to eat at that don't cost $100 dollars per plate, let me know. Also if any of you have any recommendations for the places to visit in the City, comment below! I'd love to hear them!

Do you own any Sonia Kashuk blushes or products that you love? Do you only stick to high end blushes?
 Comment below!

(Disclaimer: All items were bought with my own money. I am not affiliated with the Sonia Kashuk makeup line)

4 comments:

  1. The sunset blush is such a gorgeous colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is! This and Hot mama are my new favs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sonia blush...is gorge. I need it! so annoyed because I was just at Target like last week. anyway, where is this wedding (in nyc) going to be exactly?? I'm so nosey! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously, a great buy. I want to try melon powder blush next. They also have some pretty looking super sheer liquid tints that look pretty in the tube. I am going to NYC Manhattan. The actual wedding was in Brookefield, CT and we visited NYC for the day. I saw tons but the weather was gross. My husband is originally from Danbury CT so he is familiar with NYC. NYC is everything they say it is. Nothing is alike when compared to San Diego. I thought our Downtown would be kinda like it, and it is def not. I see that you live in NYC! How cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I read each & every comment, and reply back when needed. So go ahead & share it below!!♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...