Saturday, February 11, 2012

e.l.f pigment eyeshadow in Golden goddess



If you are not familiar with e.l.f which is abbreviated for, Eyes, Lips, Face, you must be living under a rock...It is a super affordable make-up line that does the job well! I was first aware of this brand when shopping with my sister at Target. I tried out their concealer and highlighter, and since then, I have placed two online orders and have bought numerous times from Targets all over.
They have a Essential line, which is the cheaper, personal use line. They have the Studio line, which is geared toward more professional use, a tad bit more expensive but the quality is phenomenal and lastly they have a Mineral Line that I have started to look at because I want to try the lipsticks and eyeshadows as well.
I got this eye pigment in a Haul that I posted HERE for Christmas of 2011.
I also did a review on the Lipsticks that I bought for a dollar, HERE!

This picture below is using the Maybelline color tattoo pots and the e.l.f gold goddess pigment on top.


  
Packaging:
Its packaging isn't the worst. I like that you can see the product colour from the outside. The plastic bottom makes it look alot more expensive than it really is.  Like its glass, yet its not.
The fact that it came with a applicator brush was unexpected, because I thought it was just going to be just the pigment. I like that it did though. The lid is also plastic, which swivels around to open or close. 
I did NOT like the sifter for these particular pigments. I don't know if I was supposed to take the sifter off, but I did because there was no possible way the pigment was getting through those tiny holes. I banged and pounded on it when it was closed to see if any would fall through, and seriously, NONE fell through. So I took off the sifter and tossed it.





 As you can see, there are little hole marks in the eyeshadow because of me, seeing if I stuck a needle through the holes, it would make it bigger, so that I wouldn't have to forgo the sifter. Needless to say, it didn't work.

I probably should have held onto the sifter so that it would hold the eyeshadow back from getting all over everything, but oh well. :(






Pressed, this looks alot lighter. I mixed it around and it looks much darker than what it is. Natural sunlight.

Blinding!

Left to Right: blended after being swatched, swatched one time, swatched heavily

Half in the sun, half out, with soft flash





This is a picture of my finger tip, I had barely pressed down into the pigment and it stayed intact without all the shadow falling off.




Application:
Because the formula almost feels wet, you don't need a primer. However, if you layer this on, you will need a good primer to avoid fallout. The formula isn't as creamy and wet as a cream eyeshadow, but while adjusting the camera settings between photos, I tilted this to the side, not even remembering it was open and lucky me, it didn't even budge or spill out. Thank goodness!

I noticed that this actually looks like it is a duo-chrome. Do you see the green sheen from the photo above? I noticed it when I was in the shade, it appeared to have a greenish shine on top.

When I found that only three people had written a review on these pigments, I was surprised! I have heard RAVES about this eyeshadow, especially this colour, all over the blog board. All the ladies said they would repurchase.

When I visited the e.l.f site, I found there was alot more reviews on these pigments and they all loved this eyeshadow. The following highlighted excerpts were taken from elf.com:


 PROS
4.0 stars out of 5 stars (based on 98 reviews)
  • Easy to apply, Long lasting, Good pigmentation, Good value, Smooth look
 CONS
  • Messy, Difficult to apply, Wears off easily, Fades, Flakes
(end)

Being that this is a Studio line and only three dollars, you can't really beat the price for the product.
Based on the application and ease of use, I would love to try these in other colours, and would like to try the Matte pigments as well.

Right now I am working on a Valentines day Handprint pillow for my hubby from my daughter. It is cute, but I am not the most experienced sewer. :) lol. I want to have a post up in a day or so, so if your interested, check back and I will show you my Martha Stewart-ness. :)

Do you own this or any elf pigments that you love or hate? Have any loose pigments you want to recommend?
Share below.
  (Disclaimer: I purchased this product for review with my own money)

15 comments:

  1. I need to try them. This color is very pretty.
    ~Jazmin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try at least one. They are soooo worth it and this one is stunning in real life.

      Delete
  2. I actually happen to love ELF products and I think you reviewed this product perfectly. Using the pigment with the Color Tattoo was a great combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mara. Yeah, its good to use a creamy shadow and match it with a pigment so that it doesn't crease and lasts longer. I love this combo!

      Delete
  3. I dont understand the Pro vs Cons: Easy to apply vs Messy, Difficult to apply and Long lasting vs Wears off easily, Fades.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right above the Pros and Cons, I listed that I got those excerpts from elf.com, so they are accumulative mixed reviews. I didn't write them. I just linked them back to the site so that people could get an idea of what people are saying about the product. I know, its confusing.

      Delete
  4. That is such a gorgeous colour! And for the price, I don't think you can beat it! :) I wish ELF was more readily available in Australia so I could try out some of their products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True! I am so loving gold right now! That sucks that they aren't available. It is such a good brand.

      Delete
  5. wow great pigmentation for a ELF product

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they have good products, and bad products.

      Delete
  6. Love the color, so pretty!

    I'm a new follower, care to check out my blog?
    http://beautykarma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. It is. A must have for only three dollars.

      Delete
  8. Great review:) gotta get this and the maybelline colour tattoo:) what shades of the maybelline colour tattoo have youu used in the image?

    http://www.themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk <-- elf reviews:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I read each & every comment, and reply back when needed. So go ahead & share it below!!♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...