Thursday, December 29, 2011

Loreal HIP pigments: Intrepid


 
I will be the first to admit, I am a SUCKER for duo chromes. I will buy a gigantic palette if I spot a duochrome that I like. To me, its like a surprise! One minute, someone is looking at you and sees brown eyeshadow. You blink, and BAM! They just saw..wait..what?? Was that a flash of blue? lol. Thats what goes on in my head when I look at this eye pigment. The color is a brownish plum with blue/teal being the chrome color.
First of all, let me say, I have been seriously looking at MAC club for the longest time. This is obviously not it but its similar color and less expensive too, at a little over 12 dollars.

I knew that when buying pigments or loose powders, usually you will have a sifter cover or open container, which I LOATHE!!! I always, always, always seem to get them all over my purses and clothes, which is why I tend to avoid them. But I could not resist this time, and most likely will buy this again. ;O

with flash
If you are a long time follower of my blog, you must know by now, I love swatching make-up I JUST bought right when I get out to the car. I simply cannot wait until I get home. Its like an itch that must be scratched.
This was no exception. I got in my car and opened this up so fast. like seriously. I pulled the plastic cover off and replaced the lid to get some product onto the lid, and when I opened it???

worn on lower lash and eyelid along with meet matte palette.
SUCH BEAUTY!!!!

Here, after driving home, I took off the puffy cover and the pigment was already all over the top.

Top of outside package

I will say, that besides highlighters, I LOVE duo-chromes, so this is a repurchase forever in my book. When I opened it, the only thing that disappointed me, was the size, for some reason, I thought the pot would be MUCH bigger.:(




 
I loved also that it came with a brush, because, they were very generous. This brush is great at applying this shade. Just make sure to tap off any extra or you might find tons of dark fall-out on the tops of your cheeks. 


Compared to the WetNWild palette, the loreal pigment is MUCH more pigmented and the WnW is on the sheer side. Like a muted shade of intrepid. As you can see, Intrepid is much darker and more "duo-chrom-ey" than the WnW shade.

Make-up alley: 83 reviews
I took this from hiitskaren, who commented on the reviews post and she put it this way:
"BTW: MAC Pigment Size: .26 oz= 19.50......
HiP Pigment Size: .05 oz=11.99
So that means with mac you're paying under 4 dollars per .05 oz of pigment, compared to HiP where you're paying 12 dollars for .05oz. If you really love this color and want to buy it again, MAC Pigment is a better bargain."

Although alot of women love this pigment, I will agree with them, that it is pretty expensive for such a small container of product. I mean 0.05 oz??Really? (sighs) My love for this is strong.
When I went to rub this off my hand, the blue was instantly gone and I was left with a redish brown shade. You have to be careful not to blend to much when you apply it to your eyelid, because the blue can disappear.

Application:
It comes with a handy dandy eyeshadow brush, that I hardly use, because I have enough brushes, but I like it, because it does work. Its super small too, so you can pack it to go. I apply this on the tops of my lids or on my lower lash line. Just be careful for the fall out and do your foundation after you apply this stuff.
With that being said, I haven't tried the MAC bluebrown since its the better buy, but when I repurchase this one, maybe in a year or so, since it has tons of product, I will do a review!

Are you loving this as much as I am?? Comment below!!

4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL colour! So similar to Club by MAC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I never ever go to the MAC store because Im scared of tempatation. However, I will order off line..soooo..lol. I've been wanting club forever, so this makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so pretty! I've never tried a duochrome eye color, I'm always afraid I'll apply it wrong and it'll look good only half of the time haha. I have that same issue with having to open things as soon as I get to the car!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this and any other duo-chrome that is like this, MAC Club, blue brown pigment, Too Faced Label Whore...I can go on! Thanks for commenting on my blog (: BTW your eyes are GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I read each & every comment, and reply back when needed. So go ahead & share it below!!♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...