Friday, September 2, 2011

Ahh..September is here!

I have been waiting for it...Fall is here!! Not Quite (hee hee) but still i get excited because I now have a Daughter and I always loved dressing up the house and showing holiday spirit. I love October because I can decorate with cute Halloween stuff. Not scary. I really dislike scary stuff.

I remember the first year i was with my now husband that he worked the nights, so I wanted to surprise him by going and decorating the house with tons of Christmas stuff and lights and a Ginger bread house and goodies. It was awesome. I stayed up all night doing it so that when he came, he would be surprised. He sure was. He lit up when he saw everything. Now that I have Olivia it will be that much more fun because she's experiencing it for the first time. I can't wait to dress her up in something cute. We also are moving into a bigger apartment so it will be fun to see what I can do, decoration wise.  What are your favorite Holidays to celebrate? Ones you hate? Comments below
 

2 comments:

  1. I have never liked scary Halloween but rather cute and friendly...animals, pumpkins and nature. Fall is about one tyoe of beauty like spring and summer transitioning into a different tyoe if beauty with a whole other color palette. Vibrant reds next to vivid green, golden hues with rusry browns.
    My favorite time would be Christmas with its' twinkling white lights, homemade treats like plates of cookies for giving, special music like "Mary, Did you know?" and Mannheim Steamroller's "Stille Nacht" (Silent Night) and glass ornaments that catch and reflect the images of Christmas on their mirrored surfaces...and musn't forget the intoxicating announcement that Christmas is here-a Christmas tree lot with its' collection of green treasures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you. I think people should embrace the cute side of halloween. i mean there are babies trick-or-treating for the first time that can be scared very easily by people all about the scare part. Fall to me is the best weather in San Diego. Its not hot but not very cold. Its a warm wind. Its so nice. I remember when I was growing up my family would pile into the car and go Christmas light looking. You drive down Christmas light lane with family and pick the house you like the most. So many fun memories. I love "Mary, did you know?". My mom introduced it to me when I was young. Its one of her Favorites too. (Actually, you sound like my mom. Mom?) lol. If you have kids, you know its true when I say that Holidays are a happier time when you have kids. Your whole life is brightened by just their smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by. I read each & every comment, and reply back when needed. So go ahead & share it below!!♡

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...